Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Can you solve this:- Three impedances are connected in

Hi, can you solve...

Hi, can you solve this:-

Tutor's Assistant: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Three impedances are connected in parallel, Z1 = 2 + J2
Z2 = 1 + j5 and Z3= j6. What is the equivalent admittance Y.Y= 1/Z1 + 1/Z2 +1/Z3Please express the admittance in both rectangular and polar forms.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Advanced Math Tutor should know?

That is all the info i have..

12/21/2017
Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar, Electrical Engineer

I will be solving it. Kindly inform when it is due.

Kindly let me know if you have any question about the answer; otherwise rate the answer.

Could you show the workings how you got the answer in polar form?
Thanks

Here is clarification,

In rectangular form,

y = 0.28846-j0.6089

|y|= sqrt[0.28846^2+(-0.6089)^2]

= 0.67377

angle = arctan(-0.6089/0.28846)

= -64.65deg

Almost,in every calculator,there is provision for converting rectangular to polar form and vice-versa and that can directly be used.

Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar, Electrical Engineer
Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar, Electrical Engineer