Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

In his book Outliers, author Malcolm Gladwell argues that…

Customer Question
In his book Outliers...

In his book Outliers, author Malcolm Gladwell argues that more baseball players have birthdates in the months immediately following July 31, because that was the cutoff date for nonschool baseball leagues. Here is a sample of frequency counts of months of birthdates of American-born major league baseball players starting with January; 387, 329, 366, 344, 336, 313, 313, 503, 421, 434, 398, 371. Using a 0.05 significance level, is there sufficient evidence to warrant rejection of the claim that American-born major league baseball players are born in different months with the same frequency? Do the sample values appear to support Gladwell's claim?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Calculus and Above
11/16/2017
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

Thank you for using this site, when is the deadline of this homework?Please reply asap.