Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

I have a question about excel problem. There are thousands…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question about excel problem

Tutor's Assistant: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

There are thousands of mutual funds available. There is no shortage of sources of information about them. Newspapers regularly report the value of each unit, mutual fund companies and brokers advertise extensively, and there are books on the subject. Many of the advertisements imply that individuals should invest in the advertiser’s mutual fund because it has performed well in the past. Unfortunately, there is little evidence to infer that past performance is a predictor of the future. However, it may be possible to acquire useful information by examining the managers of mutual funds. Several researchers have studied the issue. One project gathered data concerning the performance of 2,029 funds. The performance of each fund was measured by its risk-adjusted excess return, which is the difference between the return on investment of the fund and a return that is considered a standard. The standard is based on a variety of variables, including the risk-free rate. Four variables describe the fund manager: age, tenure (how many years the manager has been in charge), whether the manager had an MBA (1 = yes, 0 = no), and a measure of the quality of the manager’s education [the average Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT) score of students at the university where the manager received his or her undergraduate degree].
Conduct an analysis of the data. Discuss how the average SAT score of the manager’s alma mater, whether he or she has an MBA, and his or her age and tenure are related to the performance of the fund.
(Question: Is there any of four independent variables linearly related to the performance of the fund? Show your work.)

Tutor's Assistant: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next business test. Is there anything else the Advanced Math Tutor should be aware of?

Hi can you answer my question

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Calculus and Above
here is the attachment
10/5/2017
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 10 months ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

Thank you for using this site, Do your teacher require you to use multiple regression analysis, or does your teacher specify a method to be used? Please reply

Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi

Do you still need help on this?