SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

We have a huge amount of data showing that the mean acceleration

Customer Question

We have a huge amount of data showing that the mean acceleration time (0 to 60 ***** ***** per hour) is 10.2 seconds when using regular unleaded gasoline. Now suppose that we make 41 such tests using premium unleaded gasoline because we want to find out whether premium unleaded gasoline gives us a reduction (improvement) in mean acceleration time. The sample mean acceleration for this group turns out to be 9.7 seconds with sample standard deviation of 2.1 seconds.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What is the hypothesis of interest in this question?•Would you recommend a Z-test or t-test? Give a reason for your answer.•What is the value of the test statistic for this test?•What is the distribution of the test statistic you mentioned in the last question?•Perform the test by first computing the p value for the test.•Why is a one-sided test better than a two-sided test in this situation•Can you change the situation so that a two-sided test would be appropriate and a one-sided test would not be appropriate?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tutors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you. Is the text above the complete problem statement? Thanks, Ryan