Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

The director of admissions at Kinzua University in Nova

Customer Question
The director of admissions...

The director of admissions at Kinzua University in Nova Scotia estimated the distribution of student admissions for the fall semester on the basis of past experience. Admissions Probability 1,030 0.3 1,380 0.1 1,640 0.6 1. What is the expected number of admissions for the fall semester

Tutor's Assistant: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Advanced Math Tutor should know?

No just need to know the tutor is correct

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
3/2/2016
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 years ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

When do you need the answers for this?

Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site.

The expected number of admissions is:

(1030)(0.3) + (1380)(0.1) + (1640)(0.6) = 1431 admissions

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi again,

Since this problem was labeled as "1.", I suspect that there might be others that weren't included in the original post. Please let me know if there are other problems.

Ryan