Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to find a…

Customer Question
Use the given degree of...
Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to find a confidence interval for the population standard deviation σ. Assume that the population has a normal distribution. Round the confidence interval limits to the same number of decimal places as the sample standard deviation.
College students' annual earnings: 98% confidence; n = 9, = $3959, s = $886
$539 < σ < $1734
$559 < σ < $1953
$697 < σ < $1156
$598 < σ < $1697
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
2/21/2016
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this problem. I'll have the solution posted for you in just a minute or two.

Ryan

Hi again,

The solution is C) $559 < σ < $1953

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan