Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

I have two questions in maths, would you be able to help me…

Customer Question
Hi, I have two...

Hi, I have two questions in maths, would you be able to help me out..

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I am sabesh, this is part of study, I am not able to get any examples for this two sums, if you can explain that in detail so that I can understand.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Engineer should be aware of?

The questions are:

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
Determine the tensile stress in the bolted connection shown below for the load F = 210 kN. Using a safety factor of 2, determine whether the plates will fail or not if the yield strength of the plate material is 270 MPa and the thickness of the plate is 12 mm. The nominal diameter of the bolts is 10 mm and the clearance holes in the plate are drilled 10.5mm diameter. In the sketch below, a lift is supported by a steel cable with a characteristic yield stress of Sy = 300 MPa. It supports a self-weight load of 7 kN and an imposed load of 3 kN. Find the required cross-sectional area for the rope based on a safety factor of five.
Determine the tensile stress in the bolted connection shown below for the load F = 210 kN. Using a safety factor of 2, determine whether the plates will fail or not if the yield strength of the plate material is 270 MPa and the thickness of the plate is 12 mm. The nominal diameter of the bolts is 10 mm and the clearance holes in the plate are drilled 10.5mm diameter.In the sketch below, a lift is supported by a steel cable with a characteristic yield stress of Sy = 300 MPa. It supports a self-weight load of 7 kN and an imposed load of 3 kN. Find the required cross-sectional area for the rope based on a safety factor of five.
Answered in 3 days by:
2/23/2016
Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the homework professionals.

The information you have posted does not show the proper formatting needed for the question and it would be beneficial for me to view the original assignment file if that is possible.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and share the link here.

Also, be sure to let me know the deadline to get the resource returned to you.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.

Thanks and I look forward to trying to assist on this question.

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree