Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

During the global recession of 2008 and 2009, there were…

Customer Question
During the global recession of...
During the global recession of 2008 and 2009, there were many accusations of unethical behavior by Wall Street executives, financial managers, and other corporate officers. At that time, an article appeared suggesting that part of the reason for such unethical business behavior may stem from the fact that cheating has become more prevalent among business students. The article reported that 86% of business students admitted to cheating at some time during their academic career as compared to 77% of non-business students.
Cheating has been a concern of the dean of the College of Business at Rocky University for several years. Some faculty members in the college believe that cheating is more widespread at Rocky than at other universities, while other faculty members think that cheating is not a major problem at the college. To resolve some of these issues, the dean commissioned a study to assess the current ethical behavior of business students at Rocky. As part of this study, an anonymous exit survey was administered to a sample of 90 business students from this year’s graduating class. Responses to the following questions were used to obtain data regarding three types of cheating.
During your time at Rocky, did you ever present work copied off the internet as your own?
____ Yes
____ No
During your time at Rocky, did you ever copy answers off another student’s exam?
____ Yes
____ No
During your time at Rocky, did you ever collaborate with other students on projects that were supposed to be completed individually?
____ Yes
____ No
Any student who answered yes to one or more of these questions was considered to have been involved in some type of cheating. The complete data set is in the file named Rocky, linked at the bottom of the page.
Managerial Report
Prepare a report (see below) for the dean of the college that summarizes your assessment of the nature of cheating by business students at Rocky University. Be sure to include the following seven (7) items in your report.
To summarize the data, compute the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who
presented work copied off the internet as their own
copied answers off another student’s exam
collaborated with other students on projects that were supposed to be completed individually.
Then comment on your findings.
Develop 95% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who were involved in some type of cheating.
Develop 95% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who were involved in copying off the internet.
Develop 95% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who were involved in copying off another's exam.
Develop 95% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who were involved in collaborating on an individual project.
Conduct a hypothesis test (using either the p-value approach or the critical value approach) to determine if the proportion of all business students at Rocky University who were not involved in some type of cheating is less than that of all business students elsewhere. Use α = 0.05. Do not forget to include the correctly worded hypotheses.
What advice would you give to the dean based upon your analysis of the data? Focus your advice on answering the following: What is the magnitude of the issue? What would you recommend for both students and faculty? What is the potential impact on relationships with the business community and what would you recommend? How can this study be improved?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
2/18/2016
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site.

Is there a data set that goes with this project?

Ryan

A title page in APA style.
An introduction that summarizes the problem.
The body of the paper should answer the questions posed in the problem by communicating the results of your analysis. Include results of calculations, as well as charts and graphs, where appropriate.
A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
In-text citations from a minimum of three sources in addition to your textbook
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 years ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

can I help you? please reply asap

Here are all of the calculations needed for this project, along with analysis of the results where needed. You will need to compose your own title page and introduction though.

Rocky (Word)

Rocky (Excel)

Note that this assignment is a popular one, and the data is often similar. As a result, a lot of the calculations and language end up being repetitive. I strongly recommend that you rephrase the narrative parts in your own "voice".

Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,

Ryan