SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  Tutor for Algebra, Geometry, Statistics. Explaining math in plain English.
12809769

I am trying to do my homework on statcrunch can;t figure out

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! I am trying to do my homework on statcrunch can;t figure out these three questions http://www.justanswer.com/1byy-statistical-analysis/7qsza-vegetarians-omnivores-philosophical-health-issues.html#re.v/417/ same exact questions you answered 2 yrs ago
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes. I have been taking an online class for this stat course
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can pay $18, yes Can I get it by tonight or tmrw? possible?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Calculus and Above
Expert:  Rajan.Sareen replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. Please let me know whether you need the same answers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Vegetarians and Omnivores. Philosophical and health issues are prompting an increasing number of Taiwanese to switch to a vegetar***** *****festyle. A study by Lu et al., published in the Journal of Nutrition(Vol. 130, pp. 1591-1596), compared the daily intake of nutrients by vegetarians and omnivores living in Taiwan. Among the nutrients considered was protein. Too little protein stunts growth and interferes with all bodily functions; too much protein puts a strain on the kidneys, can cause diarrhea and dehydration, and can leach calcium from bones and teeth. Independent random samples of 51 female vegetarians and 53 female omnivores yielded the data, in grams, on daily protein intake presented in the Chapter 10 data sets, problem #10.51. Do the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean daily protein intakes of female vegetarians and female omnivores differ? Perform the required hypothesis test at the 1% significance level.

1. Determine and state the type of test that should be performed to answer the above question (two sample t-test, paired t-test, or ANOVA).

2. State the null and alternative hypotheses.

3. Use StatCrunch or SPSS software to perform the hypothesis test. (NOTE: If you choose two sample t-test for this problem, assume that the standard deviations of the two groups are equal and it is appropriate to use pooled t procedures.) What is the value of the test statistic that you obtained from the software?

4. What is the p-value obtained from the software?

5. What is your conclusion?

1. Anorexia Treatment. Anorexia nervosa is a serious eating disorder, particularly among young women. The data in Chapter 10 data sets, problem #10.143, provides the weights, in pounds, of 17 anorexic young women before and after receiving a family therapy treatment for anorexia nervosa. [SOURCE: Hand et al. (ed.) A Handbook of Small Data Sets,London: Chapman & Hall, 1994.] Does family therapy appear to be effective in helping anorexic young women gain weight? Perform the appropriate hypothesis test at the 5% significance level.

3. Use Statcrunch or SPSS software to perform the hypothesis test. (NOTE: If you choose two sample t-test for this problem, assume that the standard deviations of the two groups are equal and it is appropriate to use pooled t procedures.) What is the value of the test statistic that you obtained from the software?

5. What is your conclusion?

1. Staph Infections. In an article in the Journal of Statistics Education, Vol. 12, No.2, N. Binnie analyzes bacteria-culture data collected by Gavin Cooper at the Auckland University of Technology. Five strains of cultured Staphylococcus aureus – bacteria that cause staph infections – were observed for 24 hours at 27 degrees Celsius. The data in Chapter 16 data sets, problem #16.51, reports bacteria counts, in millions, for different cases from each of the five strains. (Note: You will only need the first five columns of data in this spreadsheet – you do not need the columns called COUNT and STRAIN.) At the 5% significance level, do the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that a difference exists in mean bacteria counts among the five strains of Staphylococcus aureus?

5. What is your conclusion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Vegetarians and Omnivores. Philosophical and health issues are prompting an increasing number of Taiwanese to switch to a vegetar***** *****festyle. A study by Lu et al., published in the Journal of Nutrition(Vol. 130, pp. 1591-1596), compared the daily intake of nutrients by vegetarians and omnivores living in Taiwan. Among the nutrients considered was protein. Too little protein stunts growth and interferes with all bodily functions; too much protein puts a strain on the kidneys, can cause diarrhea and dehydration, and can leach calcium from bones and teeth. Independent random samples of 51 female vegetarians and 53 female omnivores yielded the data, in grams, on daily protein intake presented in the Chapter 10 data sets, problem #10.51. Do the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean daily protein intakes of female vegetarians and female omnivores differ? Perform the required hypothesis test at the 1% significance level.

5. What is your conclusion?

5. What is your conclusion?

5. What is your conclusion?

I need answers by tomorrow 4pm latest!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. When can Iget my answers back?

Hi, Can I access your statcrunch account to perform the analysis? If yes, please provide me details so that i can perform the analysis.