Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Calculus and Above

4 +++ All data can be downloaded via: Please let me know if

Customer Question
4 RYAN+++ All data can be...
4 RYAN+++
All data can be downloaded via:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByNapP9DTGNYfi1VZkExZDRQTTRUM1FfeVF0emJfcFlIUnB0M0RKZkJNN3k1QURkblJmYjg&usp=sharing
Please let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2015
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thanks. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Ryan
Hi again,

As I feared, the textbook copy that I was able to get from the library is a 2nd edition rather than a 3rd edition.

Attached are scans of the problems from Chapter 8. Please compare these with the problems in your textbook. If they are not the same, then you will need to make scans or images of the problems from your own copy of the textbook.

Thanks,

Ryan
We have a problem .. I don't have access to the book as I'm traveling .. Is there any other way?
Thanks
Hmmm, that could be a problem. I'll see what I can find online, but I may not be able to turn anything up.
Ryan

I searched through several pages on Google, and I was not able to find any accessible resource that contained the problems from a 3rd edition.

I was, however, able to find a Table of Contents for the 3rd edition. Unfortunately, what I learned from that is that the chapters have been rearranged between the 2nd and 3rd editions. This means that the problems that I sent you for Chapter 8 will not be the correct problems.

I also searched in my local library system again, but there is no listing for a 3rd edition. My county library is linked with several surrounding city libraries, and many state and private university libraries, and none of them have a 3rd edition. There doesn't seem to be an available copy within 1000 miles of me. :(

I want to help you with this, but you will need to find a way to get the problems to me.

Ryan

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/managerial-decision-modeling-with-spreadsheets-3rd-edition-solutions-9780136115830

All problems can be found using the above link..

Access info can be found:

Please let me know once you have access and I will cancel Chegg subscription.

I was able to access the link, however, there are still two issues.

1. That page gives solutions for the problems, but not the actual problem statement, so I'm still not clear on what is being asked for.

2. I need the list of problems again. If I wrote them down somewhere, or downloaded the previous list, I can't find it. And your previous questions are locked, so I can't go back there to find the information either.

Ryan
I'm currently on the road ... I will see what I can do later today

Ok. I'm sorry that this has turned into such a hassle.

Ryan

I have uploaded some of the previous questions.

Ok. I'm not sure how that helps us with the current issue though.

Ryan

I was addressing item #2 on your last post... I'm not certain if I can have an online copy without paying huge $$$...

Do the problems #'s at least line up with the 2nd addition?

Unfortunately, the problems have changed significantly. Most of the ones that I checked do not match up at all (not even close), and the few that are essentially the same problem have had their numbers or other information slightly changed, to the point that the 2nd edition problems wouldn't be any help.

Ryan

Have you tried this?

http://freetextbookhaven.com/managerial-decision-modeling-with-spreadsheets-third-edition-free-download/

I googled "managerial decision modeling with spreadsheets (3rd edition) pdf" and there are some options..

Yes, I saw that one when I was looking around, along with several other similar ones. The problem I have is that when you click on the download link, you get sent to another page where you have to take some kind of survey, or jump through some other hoop, etc. I don't have time to play those games, nor do I wish to assume the risk of downloading something from a potentially dubious site. If you can get the file and send it to me, that will be fine, but there is only so much that I can do to hunt down the problems.

It's a bit of a longshot, but one other option might be for me to opt out so that other experts can reply. It may be that one of them has access to the textbook.

Ryan
Let me see if I can safely download the file .. I will keep you posted
Ok.. You now have full access to the textbook via chegg.com..
Password ***** *****
Same account username
Please copy all the requested problem and let me know ASAP once done

I took screenshots for all of the numbered problems in Chapter 8, 9, and 11.

Also, I found my notes listing the assigned problem numbers for Chapters 9 and 11. They were on Post-It notes that I left in the 2nd edition textbook that I have.

I still need the problem numbers for Chapter 8, as I never wrote those down, and I can't access your previous posting that listed them. Can you get those?

Thanks,

Ryan
Chapter 8 - 16, 22, 24, 26
Please let me know ASAP once questions are copied

Thanks. I had all of the questions copied from earlier (I took screenshots of all of the chapter problems). I just needed to know which ones in Chapter 8 were assigned.

Ryan

Ryan - could you please provide the solutions for chapter 8 at least asap.. Thanks

I'm sorry about the delay in replying. It seems that we are on opposite schedules now, so I tend to be sleeping when you reply, and likely vice versa.

I'm working on the last problem from Chapter 8. I haven't used the Excel tree add-in before, so there is a bit of a learning curve. I'll have the Chapter 8 problems posted as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan

Here are the solutions for the Chapter 8 problems. I have included a Word file with all of the solutions, including screenshots of the decision trees for the last problem. I have also included the Excel file with the original decision trees.

Chapter 8 (Word)

Chapter 8 (Excel)

I'll get the others posted as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan
Hi again,

Here are the solutions for the Chapter 9 problems.

Chapter 9 (Word)

Chapter 9 (Excel)

The Excel file shows the solution for Problem 9-12 in a format that should match with the example problems in the chapter (at least, it matches with the 2nd edition textbook).

I'll get the Chapter 11 solutions posted as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan
Hi again,

Here are the solutions for the Chapter 11 problems. In this case, there is only the Excel file.

Chapter 11

Also, note that problems 16 and 18 required that problems 15 and 17 be completed also, so there was more work involved here than was originally anticipated.

As always, please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of the solutions from these three chapters.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer