Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Calculus and Above

I need help with a 10 question statistic assignment.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
5/5/2015
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi, Thank you for using the site. I can help you with these problems. I see that this is marked as being due tomorrow. Is there a specific time tomorrow? (I expect to have it posted for you later tonight, but it's always nice to know where a hard deadline is.) Thanks, Ryan
The problems are due by 5 pm CST but I took off of work to go to the lab and sit with tutors so I can attempt to fully understand these problems before we take a test next week. I got behind and I have had a difficult time trying to catch up. I watched video after video and I think I am more confused than before.
Hi, Ok, I'll get them posted for you as quickly as I can. I've finished with the first two already. Ryan
will you please write the formula used or the name of the problem type so I can watch youtube videos on using my Ti84 to solve these problems.
Yes, I'll include the formulas, and will attempt to give a sufficiently useful description of the problem types so that you can find the appropriate videos. I don't happen to have a Ti84, so I can't help you much with that particular calculator, but I'll be happy to explain anything about the solutions that you might have questions about. Ryan
Hi again, For some of these problems, you are expected to check that np and nq are greater than a particular threshold value. Some courses teach that the threshold is 5 (i.e. np ≥ 5 and nq ≥ 5), while others teach that the cutoff value is 10, or even 15. In order to avoid any confusion, can you tell me what value your course has taught you to use? Also, there are some parts that did not show up in the PDF file that you posted. In particular, the equations given in the choices for problem #4. I can send the equation that I used, but it may not be a perfect match to the answer choices, depending on the particular notation that your course uses. If you happen to have this file in a Word document instead of a PDF, or if you can take a screenshot of those equations and post that image, that would be helpful. Thanks, Ryan
No problem. At worst, I could write it up to cover all potential values. I'm just trying to avoid any additional confusion for you. Thank you for the image for #4. I would have expected them to be written in symbols rather than numbers, so it's a good thing that you were able to post that.
Thank you. Can you do the same with the "a, b, c, d" choices in problem 16B?
No problem. I've finished working through these on scratch paper. I'll have them posted for you as soon as I can get them typed up. Ryan
Ty! I looked at the disclaimer and was wondering how I keep my identity anonymous.
I can understand your concern, but I don't see where your name was included in the document that you posted, or in any of the screenshot images. Nor does it appear anywhere in the transcript of our discussion. Or anywhere on my screen, for that matter. If you entered your name when you signed up, then obviously the website company would have it. But neither I nor any of the other experts have access to it as far as I can tell, and I don't suppose that it will appear publicly anywhere.
there is one screen shot with my name
Ahhh, I see that now. Missed that the first time, or didn't recognize it as a name. I would suggest that you contact a Customer Service representative and ask if they can remove those images. I have what I need from them, so it won't impede me to have them removed. The other thing that can be done is that the entire question thread can be locked once I have posted the solutions and you have rated them. Thanks, Ryan
Stepping away for a bit.
Ok, no problem.
Hi, Here are the solutions: StatSolutions Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions. I'll be happy to explain anything that it unclear. Thanks, Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer