Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Calculus and Above

Determine whether the given value is a statistic or a parameter.

After taking the first exam...
Determine whether the given value is a statistic or a parameter. After taking the first exam, 15 of the students dropped the class. (Points : 6)
Parameter
Statistic

2. Identify the number as either continuous or discrete. The number of stories in a Manhattan building is 22. (Points : 6)
Discrete
Continuous

3. The following frequency distribution analyzes the scores on a math test. Find the class midpoint of scores interval 95-99.
(Points : 6)
97.5
98.0
96.5
97.0

4. Construct the relative frequency distribution that corresponds to the given frequency distribution.
(Points : 6)

5. Construct the cumulative frequency distribution that corresponds to the given frequency distribution.
(Points : 6)

6. Construct the cumulative frequency distribution that corresponds to the given frequency distribution.
(Points : 6)

7. Six college buddies bought each other Christmas gifts. They spent: $261.12, $120.52, $186.23, $298.97, $171.55, $263.96
What was the mean amount spent? Round your answer to the nearest cent. (Points : 6)
$325.59
$260.47
$217.06
$248.47

8. The distances traveled (in miles) to 7 different swim meets are given below:

10, 24, 34, 46, 61, 73, 86

Find the median distance traveled. (Points : 6)
34 miles
61 miles
48 miles
46 miles

9. Find the midrange for the given sample data. 49, 52, 52, 52, 74, 67, 55, 55 (Points : 6)
53.5
61.5
25
12.5

10. Find the midrange for the given sample data. 1.4, 2.6, 3.1, 1.0, 1.3, 3.9, 2.0, 3.3, 2.1, 2.9, 2.0 (Points : 6)
2.45
2.0
2.15
2.1

11. Find the mode(s) for the given sample data.
78, 71, 32, 71, 29, 78

(Points : 6)
74.5
78
71
78, 71

12. The test scores of 40 students are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the mean score.
(Points : 6)
74.5
71.7
68.0
75.5

13. Find the standard deviation for the given data. Round your answer to one more decimal place than the original data: 2, 6, 15, 9, 11, 22, 1, 4, 8, 19. (Points : 7)
6.3
6.8
7.1
2.1

14. Use the empirical rule to solve the problem. The systolic blood pressure of 18-year-old women is normally distributed with a mean of 120 mmHg and a standard deviation of 12 mmHg. What percentage of 18-year-old women have a systolic blood pressure between 96 mmHg and 144 mmHg? (Points : 7)
95.44%
68.26%
99.99%
99.74%

15. Find the z-score corresponding to the given value and use the z-score to determine whether the value is unusual. Consider a score to be unusual if its z-score is less than -2.00 or greater than 2.00. Round the z-score to the nearest tenth if necessary.
A time for the 100 meter sprint of 15.2 seconds at a school where the mean time for the 100 meter sprint is 17.5 seconds and the standard deviation is 2.1 seconds. (Points : 7)
1.1; not unusual
-2.3; unusual
-1.1; unusual
-1.1; not unusual

16. The following frequency distribution analyzes the scores on a math test. Find the class boundaries of scores interval 40-59.
(Points : 7)
39.5, 58.5
40.5, 59.5
40.5, 58.5
39.5, 59.5
1/24/2013
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'll be happy to help you with these problems.

However, I need the frequency distributions for problems 4, 5, 6, and 12.

Would it be possible for you to post screenshots of those distributions? Please feel free to ask if you need any assistance doing so.

Thanks,

Ryan

#16

Is this meant to be the distribution for all four of the problems that I mentioned?

Ryan

no that was for 16 i am sending to you seperately

Oh, ok. I'll just hang tight then.

Thanks,

Ryan

ABOVE IS FOR #12

BELOW IS FOR 5

5A

5B

5C

5D

AND THIS IS #3

I HAVE SENT THE CHARTS FOR 3, 5, 6, 12 AND 16

I CAN DO THE OTHERS

IF YOU CAN COMPLETE I WOULD APPRECIATE

I HAVE 35MINUTES TO ANSWER THEM ALL AND IM NOT DOING SO WELL

I take it that the ones for 5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D are the answers you are to choose from. Correct?

Is the one that you sent for #3 actually for #4?

Also, I still need the one for #6.

I have the other problems ready for you. If it helps, I can post the answers that I have now so that you can use them while I finish up the remaining few problems.

Thanks,

Ryan

THAT WOULD BE GREAT I WILL SEND 6

ABOVE IS FOR 3

BELOW IS FOR 4

4A

4B

4C

4D

6

6A

6B

6C

6D

Stats

Rather than editing the file at the above link, which would take more time, the answer for #6 is "chart 6c".

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer