Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

Pls help good tip will be paid 1. (Points: 1) In…

Customer Question
Pls help good tip will...
Pls help good tip will be paid

1.
(Points: 1)
In a given year, the average annual salary of a NFL football player was $189,000 with a standard deviation of $20,500. If a sample of 50 players was taken, then probability that the sample mean will be $192,000 or more is:

1. 0.4602.

2. 0.3485.

3. 0.6970.

4. 0.1515.

5. 0.0398.

2.
(Points: 1)
The concept that allows us to draw conclusions about the population based strictly on sample data without having any knowledge about the distribution of the underlying population is

1. the standard deviation.

2. the normal distribution.

3. the central limit theorem.

4. the variance.

5. the standard error of the mean.

3.
(Points: 1)
Fifty percent of all college students attend schools within 50 miles of their homes. In a sample of 500 college students, the probability that the sample proportion will be between 0.45 and 0.55 is:

1. 0.5000.

2. 0.4909.

3. 0.9750.

4. 0.9818.

5. 0.4875.

4.
(Points: 1)
The Coca-Cola Company has 40% of the cola market. The probability that a sample proportion for n = 30 falls within 0.10 of the true population proportion of 0.40, which represents the proportion of cola drinkers who prefer a Coca-Cola drink is:

1. 0.7372.

2. 0.3686.

3. 0.4599.

4. 0.9198.

5. not enough information given to make calculation.

5.
(Points: 1)
True or False
The number of all possible simple random samples of size 2 that can be taken from a population of 5 elements is 6.

1. True

2. False

6.
(Points: 1)
Sixty percent of a company’s customers are females. What is the probability that a random sample of 200 customers is greater than 64 percent female?

1. 0.1898

2. 0.2847

3. .02158

4. 0.1556

5. 0.1229

7.
(Points: 1)
Fifty percent of all college students attend schools within 50 miles of their homes. In a sample of 500 college students from a city with 5000 college students, what is the probability that the sample proportion will be between 0.45 and 0.55?

1. 0.5000

2. 0.4909

3. 0.9818

4. 0.4875

5. 0.9750

8.
(Points: 1)
True or False
The sampling distribution of the mean will have the same standard deviation as the original population from which the samples were drawn.

1. False

2. True

9.
(Points: 1)
If all possible samples of size n are drawn from an infinite population with a mean of 15 and a standard deviation of 5, then the standard error of the sample mean equals 1.0 only for samples of size:

1. 15.

2. 5.

3. 75.

4. 25.

10.
(Points: 1)
True or False
The sampling distribution of the mean will be approximately normal regardless of the distribution of the original population or the sample size.

1. False

2. True
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Calculus and Above
3/7/2012
Tutor: mcleo19, Doctoral Degree replied 6 years ago
mcleo19
mcleo19, Doctoral Degree

Hi, do you need to show the work?