Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’m trying to remove the ignition coil on the #1 cylinder on…

I’m trying to remove...

I’m trying to remove the ignition coil on the #1 cylinder on my 2008 STS with the 4.6L Northstar engine. It’s the plug that is attached to the top of the coil. Can u help me out Steve?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Cadillac Mechanic will be happy to explain that. Do you have any other details about the vehicle that could be helpful?

No, I got all my questions answered a couple days ago from Daniel Chaidez at Just Answer

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure thing. Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

It” it should be a pretty easy answer

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/24/2021
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago
randall chapman

Hello, I am Randall. I am sorry you are having troubles with your vehicle.

I will do my best to help, Please allow me a minute or 2 to review your question and possibly pull additional information.

I will return to you very shortly in Chat. Thanks, Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanx Randall
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

I am not finding a picture of the plug so I can direct you. Do you happen to have or can take a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure I’ll take one & get back to u. Give me 1 minute.
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

connector up sort of close, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did the photos come thru to u?
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

No, sorry ...I realize you are trying to do some things however, if it is the square type plug.,? on one side, generally the right side of the plug? you pull that piece out to unlock it. see this picture link, Hope this is correct plug and this helps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It’s the connector directly under those 7 colored wiresAt the bottom of the photo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the connector at the bottom of this photo attached to the ignition coil itself
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

Or you can use a like pick to lift the tab to unlock

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok it’s comming off slowly but that large part connector above it is not allowing it to come off the coil. Cud u tell me again how I can unhook that large connector above it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Randall, I finally got the SOB off of the coil. I just hope I didn’t mangle the connector too badly when attaching it on to the new coil. Thank you
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

You will be fine. Hope all goes ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Randall
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks,

Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again, I hope all went ok, Thanks again for using Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I remove the engine icon from my dashboard since I’ve fixed the misfire on cylinder #1? Please advise
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, as along as no other issue that can set a hard code? you unhook both battery cables and hold the ends together for 90 secons +, This does a master clear of codes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I do this will it also remove all the radio station setting I have on the radio too? I hope not
Cadillac Mechanic: randall chapman,
 replied 1 year ago

yes unless you had a small code reader to clear. or a device that plugs into an outlet with a 9 volt battery to keep memory things like stations

randall chapman