Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 dts no crank no start. I bought it with a bad engine an…

2011 dts no crank...

2011 dts no crank no start

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has the vehicle failed to start after cranking? Has the security system been triggered recently?

I bought it with a bad engine an the ecm was not in the car so i bought one programed to my vin

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2011 DTS?

279000

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No thats it

9/8/2021
Cadillac Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago
jeffreyg31

Hi there, Sorry to hear about all your car troubles. My Name is ***** ***** I am an ASE Advanced Level Master Technician here to assist you with your vehicle. Please understand I am not there with you, But I am here to help. Any information about what is going on is greatly appreciated. The system will ask for a phone call, Please let me know if you want this option as I am not always available to do so. Be aware that I am assisting many customers at the same time and will get back to you as quickly as I can. I like to research each answer before I get back to you to ensure that I give out the correct info. Thank you for understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Cadillac Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

even with a new pcm, and its programmed by an aftermarket supplier you will need to pay a visit to the local gm dealer with cadillac support to be able to program the system for the antitheft to work correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you how long it would take for the shop to program the system?
Cadillac Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

they usually start at 1 hr of labor.  depends on the exact vehicle but sometimes it also requires 2 keys.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i had one more question on the dash there is no line under the park to let u know what gear the car is in.
Cadillac Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

could all be programming

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok you dont think its a neutral safety switch in the transmission?
Cadillac Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

i would get the thing running first.

jeffreyg31
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok