Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell,
Experience:  Maintenance at Ati Specialty Materials
105664594

Looking to replace bcm on 2004 cadillac srx. assuming it's

Customer Question

looking to replace bcm on 2004 cadillac srx. assuming it's that since fuel and temperature gauge will not work, stereo has service theft system, check tire pressure, service stability system, auto door locks don't work etc
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: tire pressure is fine on all four and cold
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and researched online and seemed with all these issues everythign seem to point to that
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it and the location of BCM and if it has to be programmed or will just driving the car will do that
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Keiphun Sowell replied 13 days ago.

Hello, My name is Keith and i will be assisting you today.

Sorry to here about your issues. But i will try my best to successful help you resolve them.I apologize in advance if i ask a swarm of question's. It's all so i can better understand your issue.Reviewing your information and will respond asap. Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok np

I agree with you on the assumption the BCM appears to be bad. Being so many different systems are malfunctioning with the BCM being the only thing they have in common.

But unfortunately the BCM will need to be programmed to your car being the anti-theft system and smart key has to communicate with it. I would call you local dealer to see if they can sale you one that they can program before they send it to prevent having to take the car to them and have them program it.

Does this answer your concerns?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes I already purchased it and only other question is the location of the BCM. Is it behind the glove box?

No, It's actually in trunk on the right side panel. Please see the attachment for reference.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you

No Problem, Glad i could help. I hope this resolves your issue. If you happen to have any other concerns or questions please let me know. Thank you for using JA Good day

Expert:  Keiphun Sowell replied 8 days ago.

Hello, Just checking back in to insure you no longer needed assistance. If you don't please rate me so i can close this conversation. Thanks again for using JA