Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I replaced the fuel pump in my 2009 cadillac dts platinum

I replaced the fuel pump in my 2009 cadillac dts platinum with one from the dealership. I picked up a new relay from autozone. Duralast 19264. The car turned on an ran for a while. I cut it off. Later i started it again and it stalled. That continued to happen for the next few hours as I randomly checked it. When I went to autozone website to see if I was given the right relay it said this relay does not fit my vehicle. Could that be the issue?
JA: How many miles are on the Cadillac? Has the Cadillac been starting normally?
Customer: 167,000. The pump went out so it had to be replaced. Prior to that all was functioning normal
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did yes. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel relay and fuse. I knew it was the pump because the fuel relay burned out.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello and welcome! I ask that you please provide as many details ans possible and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.
-PHONE CALLS ARE AUTOMATICALLY OFFERED BY THE SITE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF ITS NEEDED, THANK YOU.

Usually the issue with the is the connection on the fuse panel, if the relay doesn't fix it the panel will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any way the relay could indeed be wrong and tha have an affect on the issue. After all, if the panel was bad then it would never have started and ran at all, right?

those arnt the best you would want to get a bosch or gm relay to be 100% there should be another relay you can swap it with in the panel, try that as well to confirm, and no if the panel was bad you can still have a loose connection and then when resistance build up thats when the failure occurs

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thx

your very welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The 4 star rating was a mistake. This gentleman was 5 star all the way. His service was great! Very knowledgeable. Patient. Kind. I appreciate. If I ever have any questions in the future I hope to connect with this guy.

thanks for the kind words, you can put me on your favorites if you have any other issues come up

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey it was the truth sir. Will do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No more questions sir. I ordered the fuse box. It should be in tomorrow. Going to pick up relay from dealer.