Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do i reset anti-theft system,and why do i have a lost of…

Customer Question
How do i reset anti-theft...
How do i reset anti-theft system,and why do i have a lost of power steering but plenty of fluid
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
5/30/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

FIRST QUESTION

1- You can reset with scanner or master reset below, if a fault exist it will not reset,but if battery died and u replaced ,u can use below procedure

but if there is with anti theft you will need GM TECH II scanner or equivalent to read security module

2ND QUESTION : READ BELOW

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

NOE AS FAR PUMP AND FLUID FULL, IF THE POWER STEERING PUMP FAILS IS A POSSIBILITY,THERE TSB BULLETIN ON POWER STEERING OUMP FAILUER

CLICK ON LINK TO BVIEW TSB BULLETIN AND WHAT NEEDS DONE

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician