Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Cadillac SRX. Battery saver mode came on, then after…

Customer Question
2004 Cadillac SRX. Battery...

2004 Cadillac SRX. Battery saver mode came on, then after shutting off the car it wouldn’t start. Replaced the alternator AND the battery. Drove it one day. The next day, started it up, battery saver came back on and then same problem repeated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

As I said, I replaced the alternator AND the battery. No the connections are not corroded, they’re shiny

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Once more. I replaced the alternator and I replaced the battery.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
5/30/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 21 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I do still need an answer, thank you
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Turned out the brand new alternator we installed was bad. Replaced alternator a 2nd time and car is fine. I, however, am canceling my just answer membership since it is apparently not all it’s cracked up to be.
Cadillac Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago
eric remington

Yes without a working alternator battery would go dead..... good j0b. I was out 0f town sorry I missed you