Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to add AC Pro to my 2011 Cadillac Escalade and The…

Customer Question
Trying to add AC...

Trying to add AC Pro to my 2011 Cadillac Escalade and The gauge doesn’t fit on the valve on the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac Escalade. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The Snowflake (Ac) blinks 3 times and shuts off

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
5/28/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Where are you trying to connect the service hose in the Kit to?

I Have a can of AC PRO and I’m trying to connect it to the ac..
Everyone that I’ve asked to put the ac pro in said that the gauge is too big for the truck so I went to a local Napa and asked for their help and they told me that all ac pro cans fit on every vehicle so I’m unsure of what it could be

YOur Napa Store is correct, all AC system with R134A freon have the same size fitting. Where are you trying to connect the gauge at ?

I think you are trying to connect to the high side port, the one you need to connect the hose to is the low side port and that the one on the accumulator. See the link below. I have marked it for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnauktf6tlo7cgw/right%20port%20May%2028.pdf?dl=0

Will it work if the ac light only blinks 3 times and then shuts off?

Yes, as long as the compressor is kicking on, usually if its low on freon , the compressor will be cycling on and off but it will take the freon and once the pressure is within specs it will stay running and allow you to top it off.