Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1999 cadillac escalade and shift level is getting…

Customer Question
i have a 1999 cadillac...
i have a 1999 cadillac escalade and shift level is getting stuck in park sometimes is there something i can tighten or do i have to replace something and what would i replace
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
5/27/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The part to blame here would be the brake shift interlock.

We need to do some testing first though. When it sticks are the brake lights working when applied?

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris