Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Read out display says low on freon......want to make sure…

Customer Question
read out display says low...
read out display says low on freon......want to make sure where low pressure port is before attempting to recharge
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
5/25/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

It is on the accumulator - see attached diagram and photo

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

compressor is not spinning does this mean I can not charge ?

You will need to jumper the low pressure switch as it is preventing the compressor from kicking in due to low/no refrigerant. If you look at the ac line at the firewall, you will see the low pressure switch - see attached diagram

Remove the connector to the switch. on the harness side connector, use either a small wire with each end striped or even a paperclip to insert between the 2 pins. With ac switch on, it should cause the compressor to kick on and accept the refrigerant.

If not, then there is another issue and will need diagnostics done.

Unless you have another question regarding this, at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE /3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE /3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.