Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well lets see if you can help I have a 2006 srx the radio…

Well lets see if...

Well lets see if you can help I have a 2006 srx the radio has no power coming to it and yes all the fuse and relays are good and yea my door chimes are work as well as the back up alarm? thanks mark

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No no power at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have been doing mechanical work all my life i pulled the radio out and check for power and have non i checked the fuses all good

5/25/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Are you checking the red white wire ? and you have verified power at the fuse?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
red wire no power fuse good
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have been working on cars all my life I'm 56 now run a salvage yard and do repair at my own shop this is my personal car the my girlfriend drives

it should be a red white wire, is this a aftermarket radio?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no factory

just making sure this is a 2006 caddy srx right?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
SIR

are you at the car now can you see if the wire your checking has a white stripe on it

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i am not at the car at this time

ok when you get to the vehicle let me know and we can go from there

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it will be around 6 pm

thats ok ill be on then

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok talk to you then

sounds good

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!