Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 cadilic eldroda haviving electrical problems…

Customer Question
I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 cadilic eldroda haviving electrical problems runs great park overnight its dead next more and how do i replace battery cables

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Cadillac?

Eledroda 4.8 has a alarm system on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the thing has a battery cable system i have not been able to change POS battery cales

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/31/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you saying you have diagnosed your battery drain issue to be ing faulty cables and that is the only repair info needed?

No I need to know how to shut down the slam system and why does it have 2 positive battery cables

You wrote slam, did you mean alarm?

Is this an OEM or aftermarket alarm?

What is the alarm doing wrong?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I am waiting on my answer