Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We just purchased a 2005 SRX Cadillac, and the heat

Customer Question
We just purchased a...

We just purchased a 2005 SRX Cadillac, and the heat works,but no Air.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

No, I don't think we have. I am writing this down for my husband.Is it hard for us to recharge it ourselves

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we just bought it. only 109,000 miles so shouldnt think the air is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it only has 109000 miles. we wanted to recharge the air ourselves, but we haven't checked the coolant level, or the thermostadt. It is a 2005, is there anything special about that year

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
we haven't checked the coolant, or the thermostat, so that is helpful. Also, are we able to re charge the air conditioner ourselves. thank you. If you have anymore info I am interested. thank you
3/31/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

h​i my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

yes you can recharge it by your self all you have to do is go to the auto shore buy a 12 once can of r134a, buy the one that come with the charge hose . start the car and connect the charge hose to the charge port under the hood . the port is a part of the a/c line . with the engine running tighten the screw on the bottle of r134a and wait for the can to empty then the system will be charge . after you charge you will have to inspect the a/c lines for leak .

do you have any more questions ?