Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting somewhat of a run around from the dealer. They've…

Customer Question
Getting somewhat of a run...
Getting somewhat of a run around from the dealer. They've put two in and trouble with both. Had an appointment this morning and I think they are concerned that the warranty company may balk on this; may want them , dealer to pay. Now want to take it apart to check at my expense. Also leaned that put remanufactured in twice and told me they were new units. I gave them your suggestion but am not sure where that went. Waited on the car inspection or three hours and no answer. Any suggestions for a somewhat frustrated Realtor guy?
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Cadillac
3/29/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 28 days ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

I don't know why they would want to charge you to take apart something they sold you and should be covered.

Are these GM units, or are they buying them from Jasper or some other company?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Not sure but the did tell me they were remanf.. today. I only use new parts. I told the service manager at ***** ***** here in Owensboro that I was told the units were NEW! Wouldn't of wanted remanf. especially since I had a warranty. When I ask if they put it on a tack, put in gear and used a scope I was told that all differential make some noise!

All differentials do make some noise. The difference is that you can hear this one. You shouldn't hear it inside the car, particularly on a luxury car. They didn't design it that way, and it shouldn't be that way now.

But in a sense, he's right: if you stand under the car with a stethoscope, you will hear noise. You have to be able to distinguish what is normal, and what is not.

Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 22 days ago

Did you get this worked out?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician