Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My. My Caddy has a vats system that has gone south and it…

Customer Question
My Caddy has a...

My Caddy has a vats system that has gone south and it will start every once and a while. and I need to get it started to have it inspected. with the key in the ignition and in the on position can I bypass it at the solenoid?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes everything works when it starts!

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cadillac?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not worked on it lately but I do my own work, all I have done is charge the battery .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Vats system will not let it start so I want to bypass it and start the car and take to Cadillac and have the system worked on.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/29/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Okay, I attached the system information for you to follow.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you get my question?

Yes, see attachment right above this.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link.

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.