Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery is dead and I can't get in the vehicle.... We ca.

My battery is dead...

My battery is dead and I can't get in the vehicle....

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

We ca

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

Escalade 2014.....I tried to start it this morning and wouldn't start....had to leave and now can't get it to unlock so can't open the hood....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to get in it to open the hood to jump it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No....we have the key that is inside the remote not sure if it will unlock the vehicle somehow

3/28/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The key will unlock the driver's door, it's made expressly for this purpose. Can you try it now?

Where do you put the key?

I'm looking for a picture, bear with me.

I can't find a suitable picture or drawing, but the lock cylinder is in the driver's door handle.

ok....we're looking...
Do you have to take the door handle off?

No, it should be right there for you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Phone call session started