Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Escalade EXT. Service Parking Assist message. Dealer…

2013 Escalade EXT. Service...

2013 Escalade EXT. Service Parking Assist message. Dealer says several DTC codes, suggests replacing a sensor and harness and then retesting. Seems to me there should be a more precise way to diagnose this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Rear parking sensor. Took it to dealer, they say several codes triggered & want to start replacing parts to diagnose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. Dealer said one sensor was bad, so I replaced it myself. Still get Service Parking Assist message.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that's it, just want to figure out how to diagnose this.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Do you happen to have the fault code numbers at all that you can post here?

Did you have the fault codes cleared out/erased after you replaced the sensor?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

I do not have the fault codes. What equipment do I need to obtain them?

You would need a scan tool that can plug into your vehicles OBD2 data port under the driver's side dash.This needs to be a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

If you replaced the sensor what needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes cleared out with a compatible scan tool that can perform this function.Then see if the fault warning goes away from there.

If it does not I need the codes to help further diagnose this issue.But the sensor harness was an issue to where it could corrode or become damaged needing to be replaced.It causes several codes to set like your seeing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I see, I will need to obtain a scan tool for this. Can you recommend a suitable scan tool for this work?
Also, is there a way to clear the codes without a scan tool?

This type of scan tool can be expensive to purchase.One of the best I have found for the money and what it can do is in the link below.

I would inspect the sensor harness to see if any issues are found with it.You might see a break or corrosion in the harness that will help you pinpoint and repair this issue here.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-DS808-Automotive-Diagnostic-Multi-language/dp/B008XN7NUG

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician