Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My check engine light came on and the heat stopped. Stays…

Customer Question
My check engine light...

My check engine light came on and the heat stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2005 sts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I am not very auto mechanically inclined I just wanted some ideas as to what could possibly be wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other than the rack and oinion needs changing

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Cadillac
3/27/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 24 days ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Did check engine light and heat stopping happen at the exact same time?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Pretty much

H​ave you checked coolant level?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No

It sounds like your coolant level is probably low which could be caused by a small leak. The most common cause of a small leak would be pinhole in radiator or leaking water pump. I'd expect around a $500 repair at a shop depending on what the problem is. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

I also meant to ask what engine you have?

Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 20 days ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician