Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 97 Cadillac Deville will not hod break fluid, it makes a…

Customer Question
My 97 Cadillac Deville will...
My 97 Cadillac Deville will not hod break fluid, it makes a lot of noise whenever you hit a bump and whenever you turn it is incredibly hard but it’s coming from the right side any ideas what could be wrong?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/26/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

You shouldn't be losing brake fluid, it's leaking out somewhere, and this is dangerous! The brake system can fail entirely at any time, you shouldn't drive this car at all until you find and repair the brake fluid leak. That is a matter of visual inspection under the car, it should be pretty apparent when you see brake fluid all over the place under there.

Likewise for the suspension and steering, if it's hard to turn, I would do a complete inspection of the suspension and see what's going on. I don't know that the noise and the steering concern are related, but they potentially are, and again, it's dangerous to drive like this.

If you aren't equipped to deal with these repairs, I highly recommend getting this to a repair shop, if only so they can diagnose it for you, then you can determine whether you want to fix it yourself or not, but let them look at it and tell you what's wrong underneath. It will be well worth the $45 or so that they should charge you to look at it and give you a list of problems.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.