Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was away as a marine on tour battery died i put new batt…

Customer Question
I was away as...

I was away as a marine on tour battery died i put new batt now the anti theft light is on and I can't get it to turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

How to reset the computer? fuses are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2003 Cadillac CTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just new batt & checked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Added two gallons gas

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/24/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you need to do the relearn procedure

30 minute GM relearn procedure:

1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

If security light still does not go off, there is a failure in the antitheft system - key, key antenna, or control module. At that point it will take a scan tool to diagnose and then repair.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.