Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and the left 3rd row seat is…

I have a 2008 Cadillac...
I have a 2008 Cadillac Escalade and the left 3rd row seat is locked in the folded position. The right seat just pulls up, the left is locked down. The lever does not seem to effect it. How do I release it from locked position?
Answered in 2 days by:
3/27/2018
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have not resolved the problem would appreciate your help.

we have a strut , a latch and cable , if power ,we have bcm module , that could be an issue here

is it power or manual seats in rear ?

have you inspected under the seat anything hanging, stuck etc

click on link to view pdf file on the seats

Please Let Me Know if you can view file and we go from there

Thank You

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The seat is manual not power seat. There is nothing in track or or hanging from seat. Nothing stuck that I can see..

have you tired , getting wd 40 or any loosened and spray on handle ?

did the handle came off the gear, get a flash light to inspect better ,on a manual we have the lever that pulls on cable that pulls on latch ,one is bad or stuck here

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have company until Wednesday won’t have time to look at it. I will try to inspect with flashlight and try wd40 spray on latch and let you know if I have any success. If this doesn’t work, then what?

okay sounds great

read below how to get back

in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?ASE Certified Technician

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Can’t tell anything by your pdf files you sent. Per your suggestions I have tried to see if I could see anything with a flashlight, sprayed all the mechanism with WD40 and reinstalled seat in place. Still unable to pull seat back up to seating position. It pulls up about 3” but will not unlock from folded position. The right seat pulls up fine but the left seat will not. What now?

next will be removing the whole seat off the floor now unfortunately, the folding mechanism obviously is jammed or gears broke

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few