Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hood open light and Valet light stays on. The Hood ajar

Customer Question
Hood open light and...

Hood open light and Valet light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The Hood ajar light and Valet on Radio will not shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2011 DTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im a 30 year owner of Body shop , New Factory hood latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

30 amp fuse Blown #9 but its for the climite controls for the seat, but i cant replace it , theres a short and keeps blowing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/23/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Is the VALET switch in your glove box turned on? Let's start with that system, and move forward from there.

I believe it is off. It has a line on the top and a circle on the bottom, the line on the top is what it is set to.

OK, that needs to be set to the circle for OFF. Do that, and make sure the valet issue goes away.

I put it in the off position and the radio still displays valet mode and the dash still displays that the hood is open (the hood is completely closed

OK.

Let me research the VALET thing a bit more. On the hood latch, there are two separate circuits that go to the body controller for this latch. One is normally open, the other normally closed. If either of these change state, the BCM thinks the hood is open.

Do you want to do some testing on this with a multimeter and try to pin down that problem?