Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My back up camera is not working. It came with the car the…

Customer Question
My back up camera...

My back up camera is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

It came with the car the screen is dark and the guidelines are there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2012 Cadillac SRX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried taking out the panel to see if there is a disconnection of some sort I found nothing of such

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/23/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

A black screen with guidelines when you select reverse is more than likely the camera.

Replace the camera.

Gary

Cadillac Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary