Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a cadillac srx 2006 showing abs/tc/brake light on…

hi i have a cadillac...
hi i have a cadillac srx 2006 showing abs/tc/brake light on dassboard.
3/21/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, have you had it scanned for fault codes yet, and if so, what are they?

i did scanned codes came-c0035,c0050,c0045,c0243,c0136,c0283,c0196,c0192,c0460,c0137,p1793-00,p2544-00

HI,

Ok, with that many codes, give me about 20 minutes to go thru them all

ok

HI,

DTC C0035 Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit

DTC C0050 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit

DTC C0045 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit

DTC C0243 Engine Drag Control

DTC C0136 Base Brake System Pressure Circuit

DTC C0283 Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Low

DTC C0196 Yaw Rate Circuit

DTC C0192 All Wheel Drive (AWD)/Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Reference Accelerometer Circuit Range/Performance

DTC C0460 Steering Position Sensor

DTC C0137 Invalid

DTC P1793 Wheel Speed Signal

DTC P2544 Transmission Torque Request Circuit

Ok, there are only 2 things that will cause this many abs related fault codes at one time. Either the EBCM (electronic brake control module) is faulty or mice/rodent infestation that has resulted in the abs wiring harness being chewed up.

The wiring near the EBCM needs to be checked for being chewed up and replace harness if found.

If ok, then the EBCM needs to be replaced and new one programmed

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

In case you need the location, the EBCM is located behind the right front wheel well liner - see attached

ok ,i checked there is couple of wires was cut and joined back together about five wires .will it be because of it cut and joined need to be programmed or didnt connect the wires properly i mean joined wrong.

HI,

Some of the wires are carrying signals of only 5v to 8v and if not soldered together and heat shrink used, you lose enough voltage to affect it.

Wire repair doesnt require reprogramming the EBCM.

So if the wiring was not soldered, start by soldering them and using heat shrink to cover the solder work. If still getting all the codes, then either there is more wiring damage or the EBCM is faulty

When you are facing a previous wire repair that you did not do, it is always dicey on whether it was done correctly which includes not shorting out the EBCM by guessing and connecting wrong wires together or doing the repair with battery hooked up. You may be facing more wiring repair and replacing the EBCM since you wont know the competence of the person that did the wire repair

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

as you said i have soldered the wires and i used heat shrink.now i start my car to see still have the three lights on .put my scanner now i only have one code which is C0035 left front wheel speed sensor.
I can't pull schematics til the morning, but I would trace the wiring from the module to the wheel speed sensor. If ok replace the speed sensor
if it is speed sensor do i need to change the bearing
You will remove the caliper and rotor, remove axle nut, unholy and remove hub bearing assembly. Can't give torque specs til the morning

i have changed the front left speed sensor and stiil showing the same light.i have checked the two wires for the left speed sensor looks fine no damages.

HI,

Ok, if you are positive that the wiring is good, then the only remaining cause is bad left front wheel speed circuit in the EBCM. The circuit may have shorted due to either a poor wiring job originally or from the broken wiring shorting before it was discovered and wire repair made.

There are only 3 causes for the P0035 - wheel speed sensor, wiring harness, or EBCM

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager