Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sun roof is stuck open. I do have power. It just seems to…

Customer Question
My sun roof is...

My sun roof is stuck open . I do have power. It just seems to jammed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2005 escalade

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried pushing pulling and held switch for 30 seconds

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
3/19/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 1 month ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Is it only trying to move on one side when you hit the switch?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

No I dont think so.

But it does try to move, or you hear the motor trying to run when you push the button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Yes it moves slightly. Seems hung up.

Is this something you want to try to fix yourself, or are you just trying to get it closed until you can get to the repair shop with it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Either/or. Closed is #1 right now.

It's tough, there's not a way to manually close this roof panel. You say you tried pushing and pulling on it, if you "help" it in the closed direction while pushing the close button, can you get it to move at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Not so far. Would I pull it or push ir?

I would try either or, anything to get it moving in the closed direction.

If it truly won't go, there's not a way to manually close it, so hopefully it's not raining where you are and you can get it over to the dealership today to see if they can address it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Unfortunately no time today

Understood.

Read through this bulletin and see if you can get any of these steps to work for you. No promises, but it might wake it up and get it going again.

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician