Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 with 82K miles and it rides like a dump truck.

Customer Question
2013 with 82K miles...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Cadillac?

Escalade-Platinum

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have not tried. trying to figure out what the cost would be to repair it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have some small issues that need to be addressed, but I don't want to keep the vehicle if I cant get a smoother ride.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
3/19/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech - replied 1 month ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

From what you are describing here, it sounds like the problem may lie in the shocks and struts. The average life and recommended service interval for shocks and struts is every 50,000 miles. So, first, the rear air system will need to be inspected for any leaks and to ensure the ride system is working correctly (if it weren't, it should set a dash warning light). If the ride system is found to good, replacement of the struts and shocks should help. The front struts sells for around $150 each. The Labor Time Guide calls for 1.9 hours to complete the job. When replacing front struts, a front end alignment is highly recommended after replacement. The price for this varies from shop to shop, but the average is roughly $125-$175. The rear shocks sell for around $532 each and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1 hour to replace both sides. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -