Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 Deville Climat Control Panel goes black after a few…

My 2005 Deville Climat...

My 2005 Deville Climat Control Panel goes black after a few seconds of starting the car and stays off. No hear or air.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

There is no coolant leak, the vents are cold but this could be due to the cold weather here in the North East

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to diagnose the problem only.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the problem seem to have started a day ago after the front underside of the car had a bump entering a parking lot. Also the panel comes on after the ignition is turned off and restarted (most of the time) but stays on for only a few seconds, too short a time for the blowers to kick in

3/17/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

My experience is that this means the panel needs to be replaced. This is known as the IPM, or instrument panel module, and when replaced, it will require some programming that only your dealer can do, so for this reason, I recommend making an appointment with the dealer and having them replace your IPM and program it as necessary.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks a million Jerry. I will schedule an appointment with my nearest Cadillac dealer.

You're welcome, good luck with it! This should be an easy one for them to fix.

:-)

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician