Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 escalade esv I just ran the urpa Fiagnostics…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 escalade esv I just ran the urpa Fiagnostics and got #7 blinking inside ***** *****ght which is a reverse input signal problem.. What now? Reverse lights work

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

1 minute I will check

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself.. it blinks 4 times then stops

3/17/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The same wire that feeds power to the backup lights also feeds power to this module, and this code indicates that it's not seeing this input. I can give you a schematic, if you are trying to fix this yourself, it would be easy enough to test this input and find out what's wrong with it.

please send me a schematic
Schematic please..
I am testing for 12v when car is in reverse at the green wire in module

Yes, that is correct.

There are 4 green wires is it the dark green

This wire is light green, per the schematic, at pin 15. Pins should be numbered if you look very closely at the back side, where the wire goes in.

Don’t see any PIN numbers do you have schematic of the connector

The service manual isn't giving me a picture of this one. Let me look some more and see if I can come up with it. There are two light green wires in that connector, one is the diagnostic enable, and the other is the backup lights. Do either one of them light up with the backup lights on?

Ok I found the light green wire no 12v in Park in reverse I am getting 12v so probably the module??

That is the way it seems.

:-)

Ok thanks

You're welcome!

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician