Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 DTS with a no start condition. I noticed the…

I have a 2007 DTS...
I have a 2007 DTS with a no start condition. I noticed the security light is on so I scanned it and I can not communicate with the theft deterrent module and the instrument cluster had a code for loosing communication with the security module but after clearing it, it has not returned. The car still will not start. Any guidance would be appreciated
3/16/2018
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

Do you have the code number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The code it had was U0168

There is a bulletin that may apply to your situation. This is a screen shot showing the info. IT involves repairs to a splice as indicated.

IF this is not the issue, then its likely a failed theft module. Diagnosis includes checking power, ground and data lines to the module in the steering column. If those are good, replacement and programming of the module.

This module will require programming to operate. The programming is done using a system we call SPS or service programming system. This system is software launched through the GM site that connects our computer or scanner to the Gm programming server to load the latest software into the module and set it up. As a dealer employee I automatically have access to this. There are some aftermarket shops that can do this, which I have no clue. You will have to ask them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks I'll check this out and get back to you thanks

Please be sure to save this page as a favorite in your web browser so you can reply back to me easily. you can reply at an time, even after accepting or rating me.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You're the man, the splice was broken. I repaired it and it started right up. I cleared the codes and it's good to go. Thank you

Awesome, glad it worked.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic