Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 ext. Issues showed up with DRL either not working or…

2002 ext. Issues showed...

2002 ext. Issues showed up with DRL either not working or one working. Presently, the DRL are working. I may have fixed a ground. But there is definitely a relationship of DRL, and more. The right side panel illum fuse is not powered in the fuse panel - i used a test light. its intact. no backlight for the speed, RPM dials. The radio and CD LED lights dont work, but the functions do. Unless I put the key in ACC , and then they do. Ive got super dim lights in the cupholder. Ready to start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Way poast that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Cadillac?

EXT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. checked all fuses in the BCM, interior R/If use box, where the illum fuse is inactive, we can go on for awhile here Pearl.

3/16/2018
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

Ok, do the regular park lights work? The Illum fuse gets power FROM the headlamp switch and this is the fuse for the back lights. IF the orange wire in the headlight switch gets power, but the dark green going out does not then your issue is a headlamp switch issue. That dark green wire is the feed to power that ILLUM fuse.

They do work. BTW, I pulled the headlamp , dimmer, dome override swioths, and the parking lights still work.
We can work with "call me" for sure. Just not one call tonight, right? BTW I'm working with a test light, cheap multimeter.
I don't want a referral to an expert. This is DIY.
Alright Cal, talk with you by phone when you can get to it. Hope tomorrow. Thanks for the power feed info to the illum fuse.
Let’s connect in the morning.
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Cary York
Phone call session started
Good Morning Cam, I'm available by phone.

Sure, if you can select the phone call again, I will fulfill it.

I think I selected it again.

I do not see it. Did you get notification that someone had accepted it earlier?

No. I get a notice that says The Cadillac Mechanic has confirmed your phone call request and will call you in a few minutes.
There isnt a "select again" option that I see. I re-hit the button that says offer accepted.

Ok so that means another expert has agree to call you, not me. I can contact support and get them to cancel that one and we can proceed from there.

Still weird. My feed says I already rated you five stars. I didn't submit a rating.
Cam, Are we going to need to schedule this call? I'm available now and for about an hour, but will need to schedule it if now is bad for you.

Hi, sorry when I sent this to customer service, it locked me out until they were done with it. Did the contact you regarding the call?

No they didn't.

Shoot, I am not sure how to proceed then. I need the offer to pop up on my end otherwise I cannot compete the call portion.

As for the rating, that is an automatic when the premium service is accepted. The root issue is another expert accepted the call but didn't call you. Can you contact customer service? Your request will carry more weight than mine and like you, I am a user of the site, I don't work for them directly.

Sure, I'll contact them. No problem Cam.
And when I get a charge on my battery or pop in another maybe we'll get the call done. Could be tomorrow.

Sure thing.

Sorry for this confusion.

It's ok. Thanks for following up.

No problem.

Moderators didn't allow me to choose he call to you. And when I asked for a call from someone who was allowed and scheduled it, no call came.
Anyway, I did a little research. Tried to pull out the interior fuse box to check the backside of the illum fuse and maybe re-solder the situation. That thing must come out by magic I don't have.
Any way, best of luck with using the site Cam. Mark
Thanks. Just make sure you were not billed for the phone call.I would check the wiring by taking out the trim under the dash and even check power out of the headlight switch.