Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What wires are not used in this harness? Which is ground to…

What wires are not used...
What wires are not used in this harness? Which is ground to engine? Where do the brake sensor wire run to? I have some pictures to send.
3/16/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Let's see your pictures and try to figure this out for you. Can you tell me first where this is on the car, what it's attached to?

I’m sending a picture of the brake sensor on the driver front wheel, a picture of those wires where they go into the harness and a picture of other side of the broken harness from towards the engine.

Boy, this is a tough one from where I sit.

The two black/white wires are ground, I believe they are the coil and ECM grounds that attach to the rear cylinder head, just above the transmission bell housing. There is a stud there, and there should be a ground attached. These wires seem out of place to me, though.

Blue and Yellow are obviously the ABS wheel speed sensor circuits.

The white wire and the gray/red wire escape me. I need more reference. Is this the harness that connects at the aforementioned ground at the rear cylinder head?

What happened here, anyway? How did this harness get pulled so far out of position and damaged like that?

this is that same broken harness from last week. I was able to pull half towards the wheel and the other half up by the master cylinder. This has cooled seats.

Ah, I remember!

The service manual doesn't do a good job of telling me what wires run in a harness branch. Any idea of what components are NOT working? I understand nothing works right now, but if this were in my shop, I would repair the circuits that I knew, get it running, and then see what's not working. It will probably be apparent, say, if the PRNDL doesn't light up or flashes, we'd know that these wires lead in that direction, or something like that.

Did you figure this out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
that ground on back on engine was it. Started!!! Thanks!!!