Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't find the ECU or ECM fuse to pull to reset anti-theft…

Customer Question
Can't find the ECU...

Can't find the ECU or ECM fuse to pull to reset anti-theft system it just keeps clicking will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I have looked at both places one under seat one under car hood there is no ECU or ECM but was guided in that direction is there a different fuse that should be pulled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2000 Cadillac DeVille

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery went dead and the anti theft system engaged I recharge the battery now the car security light comes on and will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need to know what fuse to pull so I can turn the ignition on Let It reset itself turn it off plug the fuse back in the car I have run into this problem before but do not remember the correct procedure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

It is the PCM/antitheft fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. In the attached fuse box layout, it is fuse #8 I have highlighted

If that doesnt work, you need to do the official GM security system relearn procedure below

30 minute GM relearn procedure:

1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.