Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to know what kind of oil goes into the canister that…

I need to know...

I need to know what kind of oil goes into the canister that works you're windows on my 1953

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

I need to know what kind of oil goes into the canister that controls your windows on my 1953 caddy

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '53 Cadillac?

Deville

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I just think it's low because the windows go up & down slow, the owners Manuel says to let you're windows down to check it . It doesn't tell you what kind of oil it uses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it ty

3/13/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Brake fluid is the specified oil for these systems.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know. I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician