Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Cadillac will click but wont start

My Cadillac will click but wont start
3/13/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Is the click coming from the starter area?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying to find out now

There is a small ground strap that runs from the engine near the alternator, to the right side frame rail. This cable breaks, especially if you've had a broken engine mount in this car. I like to just grab hold of this cable and give it a good yank to make sure it's firmly connected, and that I can't pull it apart. I'm attaching a drawing that shows the location, can you verify that this ground is attached to the engine and to the frame rail?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I hope this work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If not I will contact you tomorrow

OK, I'll follow up with you when I hear from you. Good luck with it!

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know. I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician