Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After washing the engine of my Escalade with water the check…

Customer Question
After washing the engine...

After washing the engine of my Escalade with water the check engine light & stabilizar light came on. While driving home I got a message saying "loosing power on engine" and it wouldn't go over 25 mph. Now the vehicle won't crank. Everything will turn on except the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Which light?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Escalade?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried to clean all the electrical connectors after letting the engine dry

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I disconnected the ECM to make sure there was no water in before starting the vehicle and that's when it didn't want to crank

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there, how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

Why is it not cracking over now
Hi Steve, are you still there?

what has been checked so far? have you scanned the codes from the vehicle?

I got the position throttle sensor code so I replaced that sensor. I also got the ECM code.

what ecm code?

The guy in the auto parts didn't give me the paper back that I had it written on. I think it was P201 or something like that.
or P0201

based on available information, I will not be able to tell you why exactly the car is not starting... there are many possible causes...

what can I tell you that would be helpful?

If I'm able to get the codes, would you be able to help me?
P codes probably won’t be enough...