Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Service park assist come on when sift onto reverse and when…

Customer Question
Service park assist come...

Service park assist come on when sift onto reverse and when i press the park assist switch the light flashes and turns off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Cadillac Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

srx 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. changed out the sensor in the rear bumper

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 1 month ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Did you damage one of the sensors in the rear bumper, is that why you replaced it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, just checking to see if they were bad

This system has scan tool diagnostics. If this were in my shop, my first step would be to attach a scan tool and see what trouble codes are stored. The park assist system is definitely storing a trouble code if you are getting this message, and that trouble code will point you or the technician in the direction of the problem, and from there can create a diagnostic strategy.

I wouldn't replace any more parts on this until you at least know the trouble codes, though. If you can get these codes and want to run them by me, I am happy to help you figure this out, but going in blindly is much too expensive and time consuming. You definitely need a little help with a professional and his scan tool.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician