Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pete. The light switch trick will stop the chimes for a few…

Customer Question
Hi Pete. The light switch...
Hi Pete. The light switch trick will stop the chimes for a few trips but it began chiming again.
However, the remote start function would not work after the chimes stopped.
A friend suggested disconnecting the battery then reconnect and go through the setups again, I may try that too.
Thanks again
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/12/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.