Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 Escalade has the following issues, please let me…

My 2011 Escalade has the...
My 2011 Escalade has the following issues, please let me know cause and solution:-Noticible "clunk" when slowly accelerating from a low speed and taking foot off accelarator. Drivability is entirely uneffected and transmission is otherwise smooth but the clunk (seemingly between 2-3rd gear upshift) is annoying.-Mirror traffic warning indicator operates falsly- will show a car nearby when there is not, or will not show a car when there is one (passenger side usuall) - ive already attempted to clean car/sensors but does not resolve issue.-Map lights I notice dim in and out (slightly) when car is idle. Is this normal or is this actually sign of a alternator, battery, volt reg problem?
3/10/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
  1. As the transmission upshifts, there are components that reverse direction inside the transmission, and sometimes they'll make a bit of noise when they do it. GM recommends no repair to address this, as it is dependent upon so many factors like machining variations, stack tolerances, etc. so that one transmission may do it, and the next one may not do it as much or not at all. This is actually more pronounced under light acceleration because engine torque can mask this noise when accelerating more briskly. If there is no issue with shifting, there's nothing that needs to be repaired here.
  2. The side blind zone system has had various software updates over the years. My first step as a technician would be to update the system software, and see how that affects the operation. If this doesn't do anything to resolve it, sensor replacement would be my next step.
  3. This symptom is normal, and requires no repair.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

You will also have an opportunity to add a tip to the payment if you wish, and that is greatly appreciated. I work very hard to make sure you're getting the very best information I can provide for you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician